If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (501) 217-8723

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Little Rock's Mold Damage Experts Talk About Preventing Spores From Spreading

9/12/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Little Rock's Mold Damage Experts Talk About Preventing Spores From Spreading When moisture affects organic building materials, mold damage is a likely occurrence.

Preventing Mold Spores From Spreading

Once water leaks into a building in Little Rock it is just a matter of time before microbial growth occurs. When moisture affects organic building materials, mold damage is a likely occurrence. Mold needs an organic food source such as wood or paper, the correct temperature, elevated moisture levels, and time to develop. If things inside your home get wet, microbes that naturally exist can get activated and cause fungi to grow in as little as 48 hours. The longer the contamination stays in your house, the worse the mold damage can get.

When a fungus first starts to form it produces structures called hyphae that grow into, across and out above an object. The fungi then reproduce by releasing spores that can cause more mold damage to your Little Rock home. These spores float all throughout a building until they settle to another location and produce contamination in areas that were previously unaffected. If fungi go unnoticed inside your house, the problems will get worse and worse over time.

If you notice a musty smell or discover black mold inside your home, it is essential to call in our SERVPRO technicians immediately. Mold can cause health effects so getting the problem fixed promptly is vital. When remediating issues associated with fungi our team is IICRC certified and experienced in utilizing EPA-approved techniques and procedures.

Our main goal when treating contaminated items inside your home is to prevent the spores from forming fungi in other parts of the house that are far away from the initial source. To start, our SERVPRO technicians put up a containment chamber that seals in the rooms that got contaminated. The heavy-duty plastic traps in all hazardous particles that get created during the mold mitigation process. We then attach an air scrubber that creates negative air pressure inside the contaminated area. The negative pressure causes dust to get sucked up into the scrubber and pulled past a HEPA filter that traps even the smallest particles.

If you ever notice black mold inside your house after a water leak takes place, call SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village at (501) 217-8723 any day of the week.

Click here for more about Little Rock.

Other News

View Recent Posts