What Cleaning and Restoration Must Occur After a Fire Loss in Your Little Rock Office?
After a fire in your office building, it is vital to get cleaning and restoration started as soon as possible.
Fire Loss in Little Rock
Varying levels of cleaning and recovery are needed after a fire, and our SERVPRO team can help.
Cleaning is a vital element to every loss incident that our SERVPRO team helps to restore in Little Rock businesses. When a fire affects your office, there can be multiple layers of attention that the property needs to look like it should. With our commitment that We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, we can reach disasters whenever they occur to begin vital mitigation efforts.
From a need for deodorization and soot removal to cleaning up after water damages extinguishment can cause, fire damage in your Little Rock office building can take many forms. Because cleaning is a common thread to all of the restoration work that we do, our cleaning technicians are among the most well trained and versatile of our entire roster. From the emergency services and immediate attention through cleaning tasks to improve the look and feel of your business, our professionals can help.
What Immediate Cleaning Needs Does the Office Have?
You might not realize it, but some of the initial conditions that your property faces after a fire loss and extinguishment can be very damaging to the structure. Fire suppressant residues can be a widespread threat that coats the surfaces of many desks, cubicle walls, and the carpeted floors. Addressing some of the immediate concerns can limit a greater need for tear-out and reconstruction moving forward. Some of these pressing concerns include:
• Suppressant Residues
• Water Cleanup
• Fire Debris Removal
What is the Best Way to Clean Soot-Covered Surfaces?
Soot can be one of the most considerable obstacles that our technicians face after a fire loss emergency. With the microscopic, carcinogenic particles circulating in the environment, reducing the presence of this health hazard might be a challenge. While air scrubbers and hydroxyl generators can run air through a HEPA filtration system to capture some of these particles, soot residues on structural surfaces and contents can be a more substantial challenge. Some of the techniques to address this type of loss effect include:
Abrasive Cleaning – Many cleaning techniques fall under this category, from steel wool scrubbing to dry vacuuming. Removing as much of the buildup of soot particles on the surface can reduce the possibility of smearing and staining.
Soda Blasting – With highly pressurized blasting with softer media like baking soda, we can neutralize many of the threats that exist on soot-damaged surfaces. This approach is specifically designed to remove surface residues without damaging the material substrate underneath. An advantage of this cleaning approach is that this soda blasting process can also noticeably reduce the presence of trapped odors.
Water-Based Solvents – Not all of the cleaning products that we have in our line of EPA-Approved cleansers can do anything against formidable soot damages. Water-based solvents can help in situations where greasy residues and thick soot layers exist.
How Can SERVPRO Make the Office Feel Normal After a Fire?
We know that initially, it might feel like making the office look the way it used to after a structure fire is an uphill battle. There might be multiple stages to this recovery, but we have experienced cleaning technicians that can help to recover each of the affected areas and materials in their appropriate time. We can even follow up after reconstruction efforts with a final cleaning that genuinely makes the fire loss “Like it never even happened.” Some of the steps we can take to return your office to its original state include:
Carpet Cleaning – Short pile carpeting is a standard installation in high traffic areas throughout your office. With hot water extraction and deluxe cleaning approaches, our SERVPRO team can often remove fire effects, eliminate soiling, and improve the flooring's vibrancy.
Deodorization – Odors can be a widespread challenge after a structure fire, and this situation could be made worse by porous material trapping odors. We have several practical solutions to combat these conditions, including thermal fogging. This approach produces a vaporous fog that can penetrate porous materials and neutralize trapped odors.
Content Management – Your furniture, fixtures, and other contents can be directly in harm's way after a fire loss. While several of these items can get restored on-site with surface cleaning, deodorization, and drying techniques, in more extreme situations, we can relocate contents to our SERVPRO facility for focused cleaning and attention.
After a fire in your office building, it is vital to get cleaning and restoration started as soon as possible. Contact our SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village team. It is our business to get you back in business, and you can reach us 24/7 at (501) 217-8723.
How Can I Restore My Little Rock Home After a Tornado?
The residents in Little Rock, Arkansa doesn't have to worry on who to call if they ever have home damage by a tornado. Call SERVPRO in you area.
Our SERVPRO team can help with the general cleaning and restoration required for your residence after a destructive tornado.
Natural disasters can happen with little warning and affect the homes and businesses here in Little Rock. While flooding, fires, and other destructive forces can impact properties, few events are as catastrophic and widely damaging as tornadoes. These violent weather situations can cripple homes and leave property owners contending with several layers of damages. Tornadoes are a destructive force from missing shingles that allow water penetration to broken windows that encourage wind-driven water damage.
Restoration for tornado and storm damage in Little Rock homes often falls to the capable hands of our SERVPRO team. With so many of these emergencies in the area over the past decade and beyond, we have an experienced storm response team that can begin vital mitigation and recovery efforts as soon as we arrive. We can work closely with skilled residential contractors to get you back to preloss condition quickly.
What Cleaning Efforts Can Benefit My Damaged Home?
Flooding and structural damage can leave many areas in your house in need of immediate and thorough attention from our SERVPRO cleaning technicians. Along with mitigation tasks that can begin with our arrival, keeping the area as clean as possible reduces the spread or presence of contaminated water and moisture concerns. Some of the vital cleaning services we offer include:
- Debris Removal
- Content Management
- Surface Cleaning
- Pre and Post-Construction Cleanup
- Carpet Cleaning
What Are Emergency Services to Restoration Companies?
When our team first arrives at a damaged home that has suffered from both storm loss damage and potential flooding, we can begin emergency services like content management, extraction, and drying. With a fast response to the disaster, these emergency services can save time and money.
Whenever tornadoes threaten your home, call our SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village team to help. We are available 24/7 at (501) 217-8723.
Does Exposure to Fire Soot Ruin Fabrics?
SERVPRO Says We Try To Clean and Salvage Fire Damaged Furnishings in Little Rock Homes, Whenever Possible
For Leading Fabric and Textile Fire Damage Restoration in Little Rock Use SERVPRO
How does soot harm textiles?
It is common for Little Rock homeowners to have many possessions that are constructed from fibers. In some cases, wall hangings or fitted textiles like carpets can sustain soot and smoke soiling after a property fire. Since most fibers are naturally porous, soot or smoke residues can easily penetrate textiles and become a persistent odor problem. Using the wrong cleaning methods can easily embed soiling further into the material. At the same time, extra care should be taken when opting to use solvents as these may affect the dye or quality of the fabric.
What are the correct methods for cleaning soots from textiles?
SERVPRO technicians have a tailored approach for any homeowner with fabric and textile fire damage in their Little Rock home. Cleaning methods for textiles cover wet cleaning using water, dry cleaning with solvent, mechanical cleaning using a rotary or hot water extraction. However, fabrics can differ significantly, which is why SERVPRO pre-test fabrics or materials on a small section to avoid inadvertently causing further harm. Colorfast fabrics are usually quite resilient and retain their color with non-abrasive wet cleaning methods. Carpets are generally synthetic fibers robust enough for mechanical cleaning. On the other hand, expensive materials like upholstery or draperies can be complicated and made up of different materials.
- Mattresses and boxsprings which are usually colorfast
- Lampshades which are often more economical to replace than restore
- Fitted Carpets which in 98% of homes are synthetic
- Upholstery can be extremely variable in weave and material and must be pre-tested
Restoring fabrics can be a daunting task without a solid knowledge of materials and how they respond to water, solvent, or abrasion. To ensure your fabrics have the best chance of making a recovery contact SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village at (501) 217-8723.
Whom Do I Call When My Little Rock Ceiling Is Full of Leaking Water?
The knowledge base at SERVPRO is deep and evolves in accord as the restoration industry’s best practices evolve.
SERVPRO Crews Are Familiar with Effective Strategies that Minimize Exposure to Severe Safety Risks After Water Damage in Little Rock
Homeowners in Little Rock can be in for the shock of their lives if they fail to realize the danger an upper-story plumbing leak can pose. A slow leak in an upstairs bathroom can unleash hundreds of gallons of water over time that seeks to flow to the lowest place in your home. It seeps into cracks and crevices unnoticed. A buildup of hidden water in cavities, including the space between your top floor and the ceiling beneath, can cause personal injury and destroy building materials.
How Will I Know that Water Is Trapped in My Ceiling?
Evidence of a slow leak can be subtle. Yet there are signs to the trained eye. Imminent ceiling water damage in your Little Rock dwelling eventually shows clear signs. Avert disaster. If you notice any of the following, stay clear of the area underneath and await assistance from our experienced and skilled crew:
• Peeling paint
• Bulges or “blistering” on the ceiling
• Crown molding separating from top edges of walls
• Walls that have a sheen often referred to as “sweating”
What Response to Water Hidden in the Ceiling Is Effective?
SERVPRO project managers determine the extent of water involvement with moisture detection and thermal imaging devices. We must reduce the water pressure carefully or risk ceiling and wall collapse. Because the ceiling water load relates to that between the walls, that is considered as well:
• We erect temporary structural supports
• We pry up baseboards and drill small holes for controlled water release below ceiling level
• We punch “weep holes” in sagging and blistered areas
• We strategically remove individual ceiling tiles to balance water removal
The knowledge base at SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village is deep and evolves in accord as the restoration industry’s best practices evolve. Claim your successful outcome by calling us at (501) 217-8723.
Water Flooded My Home After a Storm, How Can I Clean it Up?
SERVPRO knows how hard a floor can be, let us help you with your Little Rock flood.
SERVPRO’s Trained Technicians Make Sure Your Little Rock Home is Restored Fast After Flood Damage
Storms and flash flooding can leave a decent amount of water damage to your home in a short time. After water of this volume hits, it can leave your main floor needing prompt water restoration. We have highly-skilled technicians and the best equipment to help you restore your interior to make it “Like it never even happened.”
What Steps Are Necessary After a Flood Loss?
Flood damage in Little Rock must be addressed promptly to limit the amount of secondary damage and the potential for hazardous microbial growth. Our IICRC-certified technicians have a disaster plan to follow, ensuring that no stone is left unturned. Immediately following your flood loss, you should:
- Contact our SERVPRO team so that we can send out a crew to assess your property.
- Preserve any treasured belongings only if it is safe to do so.
- Make sure that all inhabitants and pets are safe from harm.
- Contact your insurance provider about your coverage plan to see what they may require that helps facilitate your claim.
How Quickly Will the Restoration Team Get to Work?
We are Faster to Any Size Disaster, deploying teams as soon as possible to help with 24/7 emergency service. Our Green Fleet includes production vehicles and job trailers packed with all of the industrial-strength extractors and cleaning equipment we need to leap into action. Once we arrive, we will:
- Assess the damage and formulate a plan for water extraction and adequate drying.
- Use moisture detection tools to locate any hotspots where water might have migrated.
- Ensure everything gets thoroughly cleaned and disinfected so that your family may safely resume daily life.
SERVPRO of Central Little Rock/Commack Village is ready when you need us for prompt, reliable flood damage service. You can contact our team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling (501) 217-8723.
To learn more about Little Rock, click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Little Rock, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village today at (501) 217-8723 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Can I Prepare My Little Rock Business for Disasters Like Flood Damage?
SERVPRO can remediate your commercial loss. We have the training and experience to restore your business.
Partner with SERVPRO to Get READY for Natural Disasters and Other Flood Damage at Your Little Rock Business
You might have some warning of rising waterway levels, however thunderstorms, high winds, and other weather events that can cause flooding devastation at your place of business in Little Rock. When the crisis hits, you and your staff still need help to manage the aftermath. Other flooding antecedents can be internal malfunctions of machinery, burst plumbing, or a nearby municipal sewer or main supply line break. These events are much more difficult to predict and to solve, but as a business owner, you must respond regardless of the notice or lack thereof.
Is There a Way I Can Plan for an Emergency with a Professional Restoration Team?
Why would you prepare for every contingency concerning your Little Rock business, including flood damage recovery? Savvy business owners build redundancies into their operations to prevent other kinds of threats to operations and profitability. Service plans cover the purchase of computers and other hardware, and customer support walks you through software and operation issues. To avoid supply shortfalls, you contract with secondary vendors. Key personnel have backups waiting in the wings if leaves or illness temporarily takes them even temporarily from day to day involvement. Auditors make sure your financial department has integrity, and you request bids rather than just punting when you need ancillary services. Often you have a board of directors guiding your every move. You are familiar with planning for emergencies. Let us help you make this preparation a reality for potential damage to your physical plant.
What Is the Process for Preparing for Disaster Recovery Services?
SERVPRO developed the Emergency READY Profile Plan (ERP) template to prepare for the unthinkable -- that at some point, your commercial property can suffer significant damage, often from flooding or other substantial water damage. We offer this option as a service not only for the business leaders of our region but also in recognition that when one of the companies in the area cannot deliver goods and services because of a disaster, the entire community suffers.
How Do We Build an ERP Together?
together result in a robust and practical plan. Developing an ERP is a shared journey between SERVPRO and your business, and it starts with an invitation from you, the business owner, to one of our experienced project managers. Once we hear from you, we set up a mutually convenient time for an in-person, no-obligation assessment of your commercial property. When we arrive:
- We walk through your building or an entire campus of commercial property to get a sense of your layout and operations.
- We save electronic renderings of your property’s blueprints, ensuring we know the position of essential locations, utility lines, and shut-offs. The more photos we take, the better our emergency team can respond if it comes to that.
- We note the location of stored documents and goods and critical equipment and appliances, and how the total space divides among management, production, retail, services, or other information that explains how the commercial property functions for your unique business.
- We note vulnerabilities, distinct needs for repairs, and advise how to eliminate or minimize the effect of these red flags.
- We suggest ways to protect essential documents, inventory, and equipment to avoid damage or loss.
- We work with you, open to your concerns and ideas.
- You use our mobile app to fill in details you wish to share:
- Contact information for vendors and contractors who sold you equipment, inventory, and systems
- Restoration priorities during a disaster from the owner’s point of view.
- Designation of SERVPRO as your preferred restoration company.
- Appointment of agents among your staff, board, family, or other trusted individuals who can act on the company’s behalf if you are unavailable during a disaster.
The ERP is a concise, digital document, readily available to our crews on computers or mobile devices when you or your agent alerts us that flood or other damage is imminent.
Why choose SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village for your commercial flood damage needs? We are ready to help you prepare yourself and your business for any disaster and react to emergencies as they come. Call us 24/7 at (501) 217-8723 to explore all your options.
How Do I Get Floodwater Out of My Little Rock Home?
SERVPRO mitigates water damage in Little Rock. "Like it never even happened."
Use SERVPRO Water Restoration Technicians to Clear and Return Your Home to its Pre-Flood Condition
This time of year means rainfall every week, sometimes more than once. A picture postcard, Spring shower is comfortable for everyone to deal with, but when a storm comes rolling out of what looked like a clear sky 10 minutes earlier, you can suddenly find your Little Rock home under several inches and more of water.
If it’s just a little water, why is it such a Problem?
Flood Damage to your Little Rock home can start with only enough water to soak a carpet and the pad underneath. A water-vac from a big box or hardware store does not have enough power to get it all up, so some moisture remains in place, degrading and decaying everything it touches. That small amount of water also contains enough soil and other contaminants to create a mold problem that can spread into the walls that contact the carpet and then through more sections of the structure. The more groundwater that enters the structure means a higher level of water and more damage to your home. SERVPRO Water Restoration Technicians (WRTs) train extensively to eliminate these threats and all others related to residential flooding.
What exactly does SERVPRO bring to my home, and why is it better than the rental equipment I can use myself?
SERVPRO has an extensive inventory of water removal and other equipment that is designed to meet both residential and commercial needs. Each piece has more settings and attachments designed to provide the correct amount of power and effort needed to clear and clean your home after a flood. Included in the inventory are items like:
- Extraction Wands and Devices – These devices are designed where the flooding is shallow. WRTs can use them in any room in the house and are very useful in small areas like closets. Our teams use a variety of them that can be carried in as a backpack unit with the attached power and containment tank. Other devices include extended hoses that link to an outside tank and power source, and an extractor large enough for an operator to ride on, carefully drawing off the water in large foyers and living areas.
- Pumps – Our technicians use these when the flooding in your home is over an inch in depth. They adjust the speed to match the surface underwater, so the device does not harm wood or tile flooring.
Is there any water left after using this equipment?
Yes, there is always some moisture trapped in wood floors, the walls, and in the personal property like furniture. Our SERVPRO technicians use moisture sensors and meters to check the interior of the home for where the moisture is higher than normal levels. To eliminate it, they use the following:
- Dehumidifiers – Natural evaporation is usually enough to keep humidity levels at a comfortable level. It also allows moisture in surfaces to evaporate into the air. After a flood, there is too much moisture in the air and in items for evaporation to happen at an acceptable rate. Dehumidifiers can pull up to 25 gallons of water from the air, allowing evaporation to occur as standard RH relative humidity levels are restored.
- Air Movers – WRTs use these to direct a stream of warm air across surfaces that gently push the trapped moisture out to be captured by the dehumidifiers. Technicians can control both the temperature and the force of the stream to prevent further damage to affected items.
- Axial Box Fans – Technicians set up fans at exit points in the home to pull damp air outside. Of course, this is weather permitting.
What about the contaminants left by the water?
Our SERVPRO team uses a wide variety of anti-bacterial agents, approved by the EPA, and other cleaners to attack any trace of contamination left by drawing off the floodwater. Where possible, they wipe down the surfaces in your home using dry sponges or cloths to avoid adding more moisture to an already saturated environment.
How long does all of this take?
Completing the task depends on the size of your home, the amount of floodwater across the floor, how long it pooled in your home, and how much was absorbed by the structure in the home. SERVPRO WRT teams hit the ground running to begin operations and work long or off-hours as required to mitigate the flood damage.
If you have any flooding in your home this spring, or any time of the year, call SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village at (501) 217-8723 today. We understand the need to put your home back in order as soon as possible and are here to help you and your family get back to normal in a clean, safe residence. “Like it never ever happened.”
Remediating Mold Damage In Your Little Rock Commercial Property
SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village serves the community with a cleanup that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Remediating Commercial Mold Damage in a Little Rock Arcade Restroom
While all buildings contain some amount of mold, it can get especially out of hand in areas like restrooms due to the amount of moisture exposure in them. In a commercial setting, it is especially essential to maintain ventilation systems, lower humidity, quickly clean leaks, and spills, and prevent dirt and dust buildup. Not only do these measures maintain a high standard of air quality, but they also prevent conditions where mold can thrive and potentially cause health effects.
If your Little Rock business requires commercial mold remediation, SERVPRO technicians are licensed to render this service quickly and efficiently. This team uses state-of-the-art air purification tools as well as specialized containment measures to clean mold while preventing its spread on your property. Your local SERVPRO can also mitigate water damages that may contribute to the conditions that created the mold in your commercial bathrooms.
Mold-Resistant Bathroom Partitions
• Powder-coated steel. Powder-coated steel is often the surface of cheese for bathrooms and showers in commercial or industrial spaces because it is highly resistant to cracking, chipping, or scratching. Cleanup can typically be accomplished with warm, soapy water.
• Laminate. This material, usually very lightweight, is cost-effective and comes in many colors. However, because it is sensitive to moisture and humidity, the capabilities are more limited. Laminate works well for public areas like restaurants, bars, and clubs.
• Solid plastic. Plastic does not warp or rust with age, and maintenance requirements are low.
• Stainless steel. Stainless steel offers a sleek and sophisticated look that, along with its durability, adds to its appeal. This dense, sturdy metal is also easy to clean.
Returning Bathrooms to a Safe, Pre-Loss Condition
Before remediation can begin, SERVPRO establishes strict containment procedures to prevent the spread of microbes and mold elsewhere in the building. Restoration starts with removing thoroughly contaminated porous surfaces and cleaning nonporous ones. Dry cleaning sponges are ideal for loose, dry mold residues, while EPA-registered biocides can remove more challenging deposits from your HVAC, walls, or bathroom partitions.
SERVPRO of Central Little Rock / Cammack Village serves the community with a cleanup that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Get rapid mitigation services that can start within hours by calling (501) 217-8723.
For more about Little Rock click here.
How SERVPRO Restores Fire Damage in Little Rock
Fire damage is devastating. SERVPRO has the tools and training to restore your home.
Restore Your Little Rock Home Efficiently After Fire Damage with Help From SERVPRO
While the damage from flames may be your first concern after a fire in your home, our technicians at SERVPRO know that smoke and soot can be just as harmful. There are many compounds found in smoke that are not only toxic and acidic but also bring about foul odors, which is why it is best to have the help of trained technicians when you are dealing with fire loss.
Residue from soot and smoke clings to ceilings, walls, and other surfaces like cabinets and countertops. We come into your home and address your fire damage in Little Rock, making sure to assess furniture, carpets, and other soft goods where removing soot and smoke residue can be difficult. The particles from smoke also travel via open-air and ductwork throughout your home, so this residue finds itself in rooms where the flames did not reach. These free-flowing particles like to flow into cooler spaces, often settling within building cavities or behind draperies.
Fire Damage Cleanup
To enjoy the right level of cleanup and restoration in your home, SERVPRO enlists technical procedures to address the smoke compounds that penetrate surfaces. Throughout our fire damage restoration efforts, we work to protect individuals and the rest of your home from coming into contact with toxins. Protective isolation barriers get put up between occupied and ruined spaces along with fans for ventilation. All of our technicians wear protective gear in the form of respirators, gloves, goggles, and protection on our feet to keep from tracking soiled debris throughout the home.
SERVPRO features Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technicians (FSRTs) that understand the best methods for removing smoke residues from all surfaces. For any hard surface, we use we or dry cleaning procedures dependent on the residues and the type of surface. To address clothing, fabrics, and curtains, our skilled technicians have access to specialized alkaline detergents. For stubborn smoke residue on finished wood like tables, armoires, and chairs, our team uses the power of wood oil soaps for gentle, yet effective cleaning.
Materials put out different odors while burning, so it is essential to use the right equipment and methods to remove all smells effectively. We use deodorization techniques like water-based odor counteractants or thermal fogging to remove smells on surfaces.
Never deal with a fire damage situation on your own! Call us at SERVPRO of Central Little Rock/Cammack Village at (501) 217-8723, and we will come to your home to start the assessment process.
More about Little Rock